The Blue Way
A downloadable game
A year ago Dusia invaded.
There was a war and Dusia won.
Now your village belongs to Lord Gjerch Bravn and his wife, Lady Kløyk Bravn. The Dusians want to bring peace, order, and a sense of normality to the village, by the standards of Dusia. You are not going to like it, but they are in charge now regardless of your feelings. You play people who have lost a war and are being assimilated into a new polity - the polity of the victors. You will be put in the position of making impossible and unpleasant choices again and again. We hope it shines a little light on how cultures vanish. This is a harsh game, and one that includes robust safety tools to help players keep themselves and each other safe at the table.
The Blue Way is about lost stories, about a culture that is being forcibly assimilated into a victorious empire. It is a bleak take on colonialism and its cultural aftermath.
- Participants: 1-6, with 4 being ideal
- Time: About a half hour per player
- Genre: Gritty fantasy. The Norman Conquest is a touchstone, as is the Spanish colonization of the Americas.
- Playstyle: Designed for tabletop, GM-ful play but flexible. Play to fail/play to lift.
- Content Warnings: Oppression, violence (including sexual assault and harm to animals and children), intolerance, helplessness, cultural destruction.
- 27 page PDF
Comment here, or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our supporters on Patreon for making this game possible.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8 USD. You will get access to the following files: